WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
Reed in Partnership Limited (Reed”) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being provided with a copy of this privacy notice because you have provided your consent to Reed making your details available to providers of Work Programmes (on behalf of the Department For Works and Pensions) (“Providers”) to contact you about vacancies you have available. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law. This means that the personal information we hold about you must be:
· Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
· Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
· Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
· Accurate and kept up to date.
· Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
· Kept securely.
We will collect, store and use the following categories of personal information:
· Work contact details, your name and surname, job title, name of employer, work postal address, work telephone number, work email address, vacancy information and vacancy location.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only process your personal information when you give us express consent to do so.
Situations in which we will use your personal information:
We need all the categories of information in the list above to provide to Providers who may be able to fill the vacancy(ies) you have available. Please note that the provision of this information is not mandatory, and therefore, should you not provide us with consent, we would not pass on your details to any Providers.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 1 month. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Who will my data be shared with?
We will only share your personal data with the Provider(s) we have identified to you in the consent form you have completed.
Transferring information outside the EU
We will not transfer the personal information we collect about you outside the EEA.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact RinP.firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by Reed at any time. To withdraw your consent, please put your request in writing and send to RinP.email@example.com. . Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO at RinP.firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.